Saturday, November 29, 2014

Dear Person...

Dear person who wrecked our cars... There are some things I really want to say to you. I know that most likely you will never read this blog, but I need to say these things to you and on the off chance that you do someday happen upon this, I pray you will take these words to heart.

I forgive you.

I am afraid now, every time I hear a vehicle going fast my heart races and my legs move before I can even think. You see, when you lost control of your vehicle and slammed into mine, I was sleeping only a few feet away. Your lights and the roar of your engine as you came across my yard woke me even before that tremendous and sickening crash. It was one of the most frightening moments of my life.

But I forgive you.

You should know a little about us, the people whose cars you smashed. We'r two girls living here in this little house. One of us is an unemployed nursing student who was counting on that car you smashed to take her through three more years of driving sixty miles a day for school. The other is a lady who lived her life driving older vehicles and saving for a nice car. She finally was able to buy that nice car. She paid it off several months ago and was counting on not having to make car payments for a long long time. Both cars were insured... With liability. Both of us are good drivers, careful, slow, gentle on our cars. Both of us scrimp to make ends meet. So we went with minimum insurance so it was cheaper. Now we have to start all over buying new cars.

But I forgive you.

I'm angry, hurt, and sad over the loss of my car. But my dear dear Person, please please believe me when I say "I forgive you."

Here is why.... Jesus forgave me. He gave so much more for me than just a car. You have to know this, He will take care of us! His arms are around us, His hands below us, His body -the church- will not leave us helpless. And He opens His arms to you too.

I don't know if I will ever get to meet you. I really want to. I want to look into your face and tell you that no matter what is wrong in your life, no matter what made you do what you did, no matter how hard you're try to hide from the police or how successful you are... The arms of Christ are open to you. He offers you free and complete forgiveness, peace, and rest. And I want you to know this, as His daughter I truly want to be your friend.

So wherever you are, and whatever is going through your mind, I want you to know that I forgive you, I extend the love of Christ to you, and I'm praying for you every single day. The God of the universe created you- not to smash cars in the middle of the night- but to be loved by Him and to share His love with others. I truly believe that He allowed you to enter our lives so that somehow you could come to know His love.

So, person who smashed our cars, I write this letter to you, praying that you will read it and know that I truly want you to be 'person who is my friend.'

No comments:

Post a Comment