Wednesday, September 20, 2017

I love a man...


I was looking for a cute quote to put on an email to my coworkers when I saw this... Instantly in my mind I saw the night that I met my Strider. I was about as nervous as a girl could be! My dear brothin (cousin/brother) had been wanting me to meet this strange and intriguing creature for years and I wanted nothing to do with him. I remember thinking "Oh he looks nice, not scary at all really, I don't think I'll like him all that much." Boy was I wrong!! When I met him he had a black eye, courtesy of one of the quietest and most demure girls I have ever known. Evidently her soft ball skills are quite something and not nearly so shy and timid as the rest of her!

I remember what he was wearing (most likely because there are pictures of the night) and I remember that he mostly made food (some things never change). There was so much I had no idea of at the time. I didn't know about the long and arduous journey ahead of us. I had no way of knowing that when my sweet Keisha died it would be this man who built her coffin and dug her grave. I had no idea that he would be the one who would wipe away every tear on the day that I had to relive our house fire. I didn't know that he would be the one who would wash dishes when I went away to work at night and would cook me amazing food when I come home in the morning.I also didn't know that he would be the one who's messiness nearly drives me out of my head, or whose fishing obsession sometimes feels like a disease (as in its catching for me). I had no idea then that he would be the one who would make me laugh, cry, sing, and clean for the rest of my life!

I love this man. He is the calm to my crazy, the black to my colorful, the dreamer to my worrywart, the chef to my casseroles, the balm to my heart ache, and the coolness to my emotions. I love this man, and I am grateful every day for him and for God working it out so that he loves me too. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment